I am a SICSA Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the Department of Computing Science, University of Aberdeen. My research is centred around machine learning, natural language processing, data and text mining. Currently, I am particularly interested in the development of algorithms and models for sentiment analysis, social media analysis, text summarisation/generation, and cognitive inspired context learning.
- PhD in Computing, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, UK.
- MEng (First Class Honour) in Electronic Engineering, School of System Engineering, University of Reading, UK.
- BEng in Electrical Engineering and Automation, School of Automation Science and Electrical Engineering, Beihang University, China.
Potential graduate students:
I am looking for highly motivated PhD students interested in Machine Learning, Data Mining and Natural Language Processing. Any inquires please contact me directly. (Apply Now!)
Journal Reviewer for:
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology
- Neurocomputing (Elsevier)
- Data & Knowledge Engineering (Elsevier)
- Knowledge and Information Systems (Springer)
- Information Science (Elsevier)
- Frontiers of Computer Science (Springer)