- 2017-2020: EPSRC project “Supporting Security Policy with Effective Digital Intervention (SSPEDI)” (£1M), Co-I.
- 2017-2018: EPSRC First Grant “Generating Descriptive Sentence Labels for Multinomial Sentiment-bearing Topics (GenSent)” (£120K), PI.
- 2017-2018: ESRC project “The Food Sentiment Observatory: Exploiting New Forms of Data to Help Inform Policy on Food Safety & Food Crime Risks” (£200K), Co-I.
- 2014-2016: ESRC project “Social Media – Developing Understanding, Infrastructure & Engagement” (£512K), Co-I.
- Lead investigator for sub-project “Opinion Diffusion in a Connected World” (£89,000)
- 2015-2016: “mNER: Multilingual Named Entity Recognition for News Sources”, funded by BBC News Lab (£21,333), PI.
- 2014-2015: “SentiNet: Adaptive Opinion Mining and Intention Analysis for Rural Business Intelligence”, funded by the RCUK dot.rural Digital Economy Hub (£113K), PI.
- 2014: “Sherlock: Semi-automatic Quiz Generation using Linked Data”, funded by BBC Connected Studio (£36,000), Co-PI.